"Above and Beyond"
by Ingrid Campbell White
Since I love Style, Science & Technology, when this great opportunity presented itself to write for this amazing magazine, I felt honored to accept the opportunity to write and provide great information on topics below. Although I grew up thinking I would some day be an Engineer while working as an intern for the Engineer Department at Long Beach Naval Station in California where I enjoyed learning the basics and found science and math very interesting. Graduated five months before my class while at Wilson Adult High School in Long Beach and attended a Business College where my major consisted of Business and Computer Science. Math/Science was always my favorite subject in school.
After relocating east to Massachusetts, I worked for Hartford Financial and also Sovereign Bank New England in their Cash Management Services where I sold online bank services to various companies. My territories consist of Western Massachusetts, Hartford, CT and Boston, MA. I decided to take my skills and experience to the Washington DC area after many years in New England. With all the many government agencies, I was hired as a contractor/consultant for many projects in N. Virginia, DC and Maryland. I recently left National Weather Service to continue my career in Science and Technology with NASA. My future topics will consist of:
· Preparation for future career goals
· Creating and projecting the proper image at work and why it’s so important
· Clear and concise communication
· Development of leadership skills in all areas of life
· Reaching for higher heights in areas of Aviation, Engineering, Science and Technology and why it’s so important
· Spotlighting individuals who have developed successful STEM careers
· How to encourage young children to ‘think outside the box’
· Creating a ‘day in the life’ segment on me at NASA
Please look forward to my new column, it should be an informative and adventurous experience!